The DiMAX 1202B Digital Booster is a powerful state-of-the-art Booster. Two seperate power outlets feature 6 amps each offering enough power for two seperate track sections on a model train layout. If the 6 amps per output are not sufficient, both single outputs may be combined to one single powerful 12 amp output. The track voltage is adjusted in 5 steps: 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22 Volt. An adequate power supply is required with 18-24 Volt (DC) and 12 amps minimum, e.g. the DiMAX 1200T Power Supply (8135501) with a maximum of 15 amps. All settings are configured with easy-to-use buttons on the front of the booster. A clear LED display shows the current settings as well as the operating state.
With the different connection options, the booster can be used for most digital systems:
- booster bus connector for Massoth / DiMAX Central Stations
- booster bus connector for LGB MTS II and III Central Stations
- C-D-E connector (for use with Lenz, Tams, etc.)
- Marklin CAN connector (for use with Marklin CS 2 / CS 3) fully integrated from year 2019 series (New Item 2019)
- direct track signal connection (C, D connector) for all other central stations without propper booster connection
It can be used independently of the data format and can therefore be operated with NMRA/DCC, Motorola, Selectrix etc. as well. The booster supports the following operating modes:
- standard booster operation mode
- brake booster function with active function command transmission
- Marklin CAN / MfX*
The booster can be operated with the Marklin CS II / III Central Station as a driving booster. The appropriate connection cable is included in the scope of delivery. The MfX feedback is not yet available and will be retrofitted with an additional module at a later date.